Memorial Day Sweaty Plot Summary and Barbecue
We’ll probably host about a trillion summer movie articles before Labor Day. And you’ll read every damn one of ‘em! Today, we kick off Memorial Day (seriously, We know it’s early, but Iron Man 3 came out 2 weeks ago) with a guess that Movie About Summer Plot Quiz. One sentence is all you get, cinefiles. If you can quote Transformers 2, this might not be your day (most days might not be your day, in fact).
5) It’s too damn hot to sit in this room and talk about the street punk who is accused of stabbing is father.
4) Brooklyn was all about pizza, high-fades, and racially charged violence – at least in ’89.
3) So… your boss wants to have you killed; but instead he dies and, oddly, you duct-tape him to your best friend and head to the beach.
2) Traffic is a killer, if you’re a newly fired defense contractor trapped in LA traffic with a jones for his ex-wife and video game-style random access to high-caliber weapons.
1) Nantucket is the perfect place for a young cartoonist to fall in love with Demi Moore… and possibly Bobcat Goldthwait…
blog comments powered by Disqus
“VARIANT COVER” – A comic book produced with different covers for the express purpose of having you, the comic fan boy, boy multiple copies of the same thing. Sometimes many covers will create a larger tapestry or work of art; others will be in 3-D; or have alternative concepts. We all love art or we [...]
1) Saw 8: The Reality Television Gameshow 2)Live action movie of Hungry, Hungry Hippos 3)The Tonight Show, starring Chewbacca 4) Deadpool vs. Punisher: The Musical 5) The Human Centipede sleeping bag 6) C-Span Live Action Role Playing Group 7) The new Texas Chainsaw Massacre ride at Six Flags Over Texas 8) Your Parents Basement is Always [...]
The single camera glory that was Barney Miller can probably never be reproduced. There’s heavy debate in the office whether it should be or not. It was essentially a 22-minute, 3-act play with minimal characters and only one set (after Season One that also featured Barney’s dining room at home). The thing is, the writing [...]
Yep. Most of the high school biggies were our man, Hughes. But if you can name the 1980s high school movie quotes listed below, your might have been paying attention to something else in ’88 other than the MTV Beach House and that cute girl with freckles in your 11th grade Chemistry class. 5)”Last night, [...]
This Weekend is legendary Indy 500. Please don’t think geekdom is limited to cosplay and app programming. Oh no, my friends. Two years ago our Mid-West correspondent, Billy D, and I watched those car dorks jump a humongous Hot Wheels truck over a bunch of school busses and twice as many drunks while Florence Henderson [...]
Attention lonely geeks! “Drunk” is only a superpower at Red Sox games and ex-girlfriends’ weddings.
MONDAY – Movies. Their glory and their hilarious tragedy.
TUESDAY – Television. Our favorite drug; constant and comforting, but often packaged with regret.
WEDNESDAY – Wildcards! Probably a piece of weird fiction in which Spider-Man has to talk down Laura Ingles from making a bad decision.
THURSDAY – Thesis-level Dorkdom. Jargon, geek terms and weird insight explained for the rest of us.
FRIDAY – Fantasy, Sci-fi, and comics. Like living in your parents’ basement only without the inherent desperation. Well…