Top Ten Ways to Make the Upcoming Fraggle Rock Movie “Edgy”
This Monday, on his blog, screenwriter and Hoodwinked director, Cory Edwards posted some news about his script for the Fraggle Rock movie. He wrote, “The only overall note coming from the studio is this: ‘Not edgy enough.’” (Read the post in its entirety here).
Mr. Edwards goes on to theorize that he will most likely be replaced on the project because of his unwillingness to alter Fraggle Rock without clear definition of the word “edgy.”
While this deserves reflective comment regarding the state of film money making and the leeching of any possible nostalgia from our collective youths for profit, there are writers working on that response right now. Thedailyjim, on the other hand, is going to lean into this situation by giving you:
The Top Ten Ways to Make Fraggle Rock “Edgy”
10. Change name from “Fraggles” to “C.H.U.D.”
9. Make a couple of those Doozers gay.
8. Marjory, the Trash Heap is murdered, but not before sharing her dark secret.
7. Replace Cantus and his minstrels with the Insane Clown Posse.
6. Wander McMooch sets up a Thunderdome in Fraggle Rock.
5. It is revealed in the opening sequence that Boober has been stockpiling weapons for the inevitable Doozer uprising.
4. Give the movie a title that will appeal to the 18-24 “urban demographic” like, Fraggle Rock: Grab a 40oz. and Let the Ass Kicking Begin.
3. Doc and other “Silly Creatures” are welcomed warmly into Fraggle Rock, only to bring disease and death.
2. Use old plot lines from HBO’s The Wire as source material.
1. One Fraggle has 24 hours to save Fraggle Rock any way he can. “My name is Gobo, and today is the longest day of my life.”
Comments Closedblog comments powered by Disqus
“VARIANT COVER” – A comic book produced with different covers for the express purpose of having you, the comic fan boy, boy multiple copies of the same thing. Sometimes many covers will create a larger tapestry or work of art; others will be in 3-D; or have alternative concepts. We all love art or we [...]
1) Saw 8: The Reality Television Gameshow 2)Live action movie of Hungry, Hungry Hippos 3)The Tonight Show, starring Chewbacca 4) Deadpool vs. Punisher: The Musical 5) The Human Centipede sleeping bag 6) C-Span Live Action Role Playing Group 7) The new Texas Chainsaw Massacre ride at Six Flags Over Texas 8) Your Parents Basement is Always [...]
The single camera glory that was Barney Miller can probably never be reproduced. There’s heavy debate in the office whether it should be or not. It was essentially a 22-minute, 3-act play with minimal characters and only one set (after Season One that also featured Barney’s dining room at home). The thing is, the writing [...]
Yep. Most of the high school biggies were our man, Hughes. But if you can name the 1980s high school movie quotes listed below, your might have been paying attention to something else in ’88 other than the MTV Beach House and that cute girl with freckles in your 11th grade Chemistry class. 5)”Last night, [...]
This Weekend is legendary Indy 500. Please don’t think geekdom is limited to cosplay and app programming. Oh no, my friends. Two years ago our Mid-West correspondent, Billy D, and I watched those car dorks jump a humongous Hot Wheels truck over a bunch of school busses and twice as many drunks while Florence Henderson [...]
Attention lonely geeks! “Drunk” is only a superpower at Red Sox games and ex-girlfriends’ weddings.
MONDAY – Movies. Their glory and their hilarious tragedy.
TUESDAY – Television. Our favorite drug; constant and comforting, but often packaged with regret.
WEDNESDAY – Wildcards! Probably a piece of weird fiction in which Spider-Man has to talk down Laura Ingles from making a bad decision.
THURSDAY – Thesis-level Dorkdom. Jargon, geek terms and weird insight explained for the rest of us.
FRIDAY – Fantasy, Sci-fi, and comics. Like living in your parents’ basement only without the inherent desperation. Well…